Historic Fallsington

aDescription
Built in 1728, at a cost of 1000 pounds, as a replacement for the original Meetinghouse, which had burned.

Construction
Fieldstone exterior, with a later frame addition.  Notable for the unusual roof style, believed to have been added in 1758, “to better accommodate our women Friends at Quarterly Meeting”.

Uses
Initially the meetinghouse, it was converted to a girl’s boarding school, the Fallsington Library, a private home, a dental parlor,and again a Friends’ school. In 1940 it was divided into apartments.

Current Owner
Historic Fallsington, Inc. Acquired 1969.


a
Key to the Map
1 Gillingham Store - Historic Fallsington Office
Museum Store
Fallsington Antique & Craft Shop
2 Burges-Lippincott House
3 Pleasants House
4 Hough House
5 Gambrel Roof House or
The 2nd Meetinghouse
5A First Public School
6 Schoolmaster’s House
7 William Penn Center
3rd Meetinghouse
8 4th and Current Meetinghouse
9 Stagecoach Tavern
10 11 Main Street
11 Brick House - 16 Main Street
12 The Gothic Revival Houses -
45, 51, 57, and 64 Main Street
13 46 Main Street
14 All Saints Episcopal Church
15 Fallsington Library
16 Fallsington United Methodist Church
17 The Manor House
18 Three Federal Houses -
21, 25, and 31 Yardley Avenue
19 The Moon-Williamson Log House
20 11 Yardley Avenue
21 10 Yardley Avenue
  Graveyards