Historic Fallsington

Description
An early settler's log house built in the 1760's. It is one of the oldest in the state still standing on its original site. Constructed on the plan of early Swedish settlers, with the characteristic corner fireplace.

Construction
Built of hand-hewn, dovetailed logs with mortar chinking. A subsequent frame addition was added by cabinetmaker Samuel Moon, who was locally famous for his Windsor-style chairs.

Uses
A home that changed hands many times and was eventually purchased in 1884 by Mary A. Williamson who resided there during the summer months. Upon her death it was bequeathed to the Episcopal Archdiocese. It was acquired by Historic Fallsington, Inc. in 1967 and restored.

Current Owner
Historic Fallsington, Inc.

Landscaping
The two large sycamore trees are said to be "bride and groom trees" planted in honor of early occupants.

a

a
Key to the Map
1 Gillingham Store - Historic Fallsington Office
Museum Store
Fallsington Antique & Craft Shop
2 Burges-Lippincott House
3 Pleasants House
4 Hough House
5 Gambrel Roof House or
The 2nd Meetinghouse
5A First Public School
6 Schoolmaster’s House
7 William Penn Center
3rd Meetinghouse
8 4th and Current Meetinghouse
9 Stagecoach Tavern
10 11 Main Street
11 Brick House - 16 Main Street
12 The Gothic Revival Houses -
45, 51, 57, and 64 Main Street
13 46 Main Street
14 All Saints Episcopal Church
15 Fallsington Library
16 Fallsington United Methodist Church
17 The Manor House
18 Three Federal Houses -
21, 25, and 31 Yardley Avenue
19 The Moon-Williamson Log House
20 11 Yardley Avenue
21 10 Yardley Avenue
  Graveyards