About Historic Fallsington, Inc.
Historic Fallsington, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of this historic village since 1953. Over nearly seven decades we’ve worked in close harmony with our neighbors to balance the interests and needs of the community with the vital task of caring for the 6 historic buildings and thousands of unique artifacts entrusted to our care. Listed as an Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places, we are proud of the long and varied history of the historic village and its people.
Some information about our historic buildings is noted below and highlighted on the map:
Gillingham Store/HFI Office & Information Center, c1910: This Italianate-style building functioned as a general store and post office for many years. Today it is the location of the Museum Shop and office of Historic Fallsington, Inc. and the Fallsington Antique and Craft Shop.
Burges-Lippincott house, 1808-1824: Boasting one of the most beautiful doorways in Bucks County, this house was built for the Lippincott family. In 1829, Dr. Henry Lippincott moved back into his family home and for the next 38 years tended to the medical needs of the village residents and nearby farming families.
Gambrel Roof house, 1728-1789 (Private): Originally built as a meetinghouse by the Falls Friend Meeting until they sold the property in 1789. Over the centuries, the building served as a boarding school, country store, library, dental office, and rental property.
Schoolmaster’s house, 1758 (Private): A stone residence built by the Falls Friends Meeting for its schoolmaster.
Stagecoach Tavern, c1760s: This stone house was first licensed as a tavern in 1799 and served the community as such until 1920. It then served as a post office, lodge hall, and hardware store until acquired by HFI in 1967.
Moon-Williamson log house, 1767-1780s: This is one of the oldest log houses still standing on its original foundation as built for a well-known “joiner” and chair maker, Samuel Moon and his family. In the 1870s the house was “Victorianized” by Miss Mary Williamson for use during her summers in the village.
*Interested to learn more about these buildings and the other historic structures in the village?
We have a pamphlet outlining a self-guided, walking tour of the principal significant buildings in Fallsington. Booklets are available for a $1 donation at the HFI Museum Shop during regular business hours or from the Fallsington Antique & Craft Shop, located just next door. They are open Monday-Saturday; 10a.m.-5p.m. & Sunday; 11a.m.-5p.m.